TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Twitpic is shutting down (yes it is, on 25 October 2014)
2. How to download your Twitpic archive
3. Tell others how to download their archive
4. Alternatives to Twitpic for future picture posting [coming soon, under investigation]
5. It's now after 25 October and I didn't know about this [coming soon once I've thought of suggestions]
6. Background reading
1. Twitpic is shutting down (yes it is, on 25 October 2014)First Twitpic was shutting down, then it wasn't, now it is. We've got until 25 October 2014 to request copies of any photos posted there (remember you may not have posted pics there manually, but by having Twitpic set as the default photo handling app within whichever Twitter app you're using on your smartphone / tablet).
Your Twitpic page is easy to find (to be honest I think everyone has one by virtue of being on Twitter, something that initially puzzled everyone but we soon came round), it's
http://twitpic.com/photos/yourtwittername so mine is http://twitpic.com/photos/JoBrodie
2. How to download your Twitpic archiveYou can download your pics by clicking this link: Get your Twitpic pics, then logging in by authorising via Twitter, then scrolling down the resulting page (past Mobile, Privacy, Linked Accounts and Delete Account) to Export your photos, then click on the green button saying request your data - it looks like this.
Once clicked it will start processing and you'll see this - I don't know yet how long this will take (presume it depends on the number of your photos).
Quite a few hours later (I checked over a day later after seeing others' reports on Twitter) your account page (http://twitpic.com/account/settings) will look like this...
...if you click or right-save on the Download Now link on your page your file will look a bit like this (mine is deliberately mangled). It's a zip file.